Monday, May 9, 2011

Perphenazine and Seroquel, and well the jury is coming back in on that.

 Perphenazine.
It seems to have a slightly better effect than, loxapine and seroquel  for instance. I have found what is perhaps a even better friend for now in Perphenazine and seroquel. It's stabilizing, and fun. O.k. not fun a necessary evil in that I must take medicine in order to function. But hey look at the alternative and you will see it is the only choice. I mean I have five count'em five kids now. They need their Daddy, and my Wife does too. I have to be on at least some game in order to beat this in a way. Side-effects, I don't like. My stupid right side has an eyelid twitch, given I had that same thing with loxapine, it passes for O.k. for myself. With some wicked exhuastion also same as loxapine. The "positive" symptoms appear to have given me some edge way. You know the shitty, delusions, hallucinations, with auditory misinterpretations. I also feel pretty much "blah" at the moment. Other things to watch out for is to high of a dose for you. It is sedating, I mean that's part of the only solution they have, right now. Not a zombie like on haldol, but one step below. So watch how much you take. I took a double dose on accident one time, and twitched and moved all day, I kept saying things four to five times again and again. I figured out what i had done, taken Perphenazine twice. The next day I felt like I had run a marothon. I also had a significant breakdown, and I'm pulling myself back from that. The stress I have been under is greatly increased with some health problems of my children recently. I find in this cyclic illness, you simply can't win, only do a little better each time. After a few years this stuff is able to be put more behind you in a sense of the control gain. Some people require help doing this, in different ways of therapy and counselling. I pretty much have had a set mental breakdown situation control in place. I got it surprisingly enough from my upbringing. They were fair and understanding, a little stoic at times, and my family's thought process is very different than most family's. Not much for the touchy feels, are my tribe. But my wife completely opposite, very in tune with her feelings, and speaks her mind before thinking. I love it. it's fascinating, My children are an interesting blend between the two. I'm very blessed their cute and interesting take on life keeps me sane. Family is key to everything, and good med's can't ever forget those. I've been consistently knocked down in life, only to be able to stand, becuase of my hope, God, and family. I'm broken but they make me a little more whole. A person not just an illness, a number, a nobody.

2 comments:

  1. In short I was very very wrong. It's horrible... I will never take this again.

    ReplyDelete